Almost every ad you see or article you read treats retirement like it’s a date on the calendar. What’s your “number?” When do you want to retire? At what age can you start collecting Social Security? It’s worth remembering that retirement is not a date, but a phase of life. It’s a path you walk down, not a door you walk through. Stop planning for a day and start planning for a decade. Or two. Or three.
Free Retirement Kit
Get access to our Retirement Toolkit plus updates when new content is posted to the site. Your email will not be shared and you can opt out at any time.
- 15 Indications of cognitive decline that could be warning signs
- How the Observer Effect can help you with money and meaning
- 3 essential ingredients of the ideal retirement
- The best advice I received and lessons I learned when taking a big career risk later in life.
- How to sow the seeds of a secure, meaningful life.