The beginner’s guide to Intentional Retirement
New here? Thanks for stopping by. Below you’ll find a number of key posts, arranged by topic, to help get you started. Visit the Archives page for a complete list of articles.
To have new posts delivered to your in box each week, just enter your email address to the right.
Thanks for reading! Onward to a rewarding and meaningful retirement.
Planning for retirement
- How do you define retirement?
- Three crucial questions
- Be ready for all phases of retirement.
- Be specific with retirement plans.
- When do you plan on retiring?
- Seven signs it’s time to retire.
- 10 Questions to ask your spouse before you retire.
- Should you move when you retire?
- Are you a system thinker?
- 10 essential documents for retirement
- Reaching retirement escape velocity
Make the most of retirement
- Maximizing retirement: Assets vs. Experiences
- Maximizing retirement: Maintenance vs. Milestones
- Maximizing retirement: Time vs. Tasks
- 8 habits of successful retirees
- The problem with delayed gratification
Finances and Investments
- 11 great travel apps for your retirement (and pre-retirement) adventures
- Traveling? Should you buy travel insurance?
- 9 tips for taking great travel photos
- The power of deciding
- Don’t wait
Medicare and Social Security
- Answers to the top 10 Social Security questions
- Social Security: When can I file?
- Can you count on Social Security and Medicare?
- Medicare: A short primer