What’s Intentional Retirement all about?
Are you ready to:
- Reimagine retirement
- Stop deferring your dreams
- Live the life you’ve always wanted
Great! Keep reading. For too long, retirement has been treated like it’s just another “life stage.” It’s not. It’s a lifestyle philosophy.
Why should living the life you truly want to live depend on how many birthdays you’ve had or whether or not you punch a time clock? How in the world has it become acceptable to defer your dreams and push the best things in life to the very end?
I think there’s a better way. The ideal retirement is not about age, work status or money. It’s about control. It’s a gradual shift from doing what you have to do to doing what you want to do. That process takes time and it won’t happen unless you’re intentional, but the good news is that it can start today.
(Note: All information at this site is general in nature and is not intended as advice for your specific situation.)
If you’re on board so far, I need you to do three things:
- Read this post: How to Retire Today. As the title suggests, it explains how you can retire today—yes TODAY—using an iterative process that gradually takes control of your life away from the Man (damn the Man!) and puts it back where it belongs. To summarize: The Man = Bad. You = Good.
- Download a free copy of my manifesto, A Brief Guide to Retirement Bliss. Then ease into a comfy chair with your favorite caffeinated beverage and read about the secrets of a remarkable retirement.
- Sign up for our Free Retirement Toolkit and email updates. The toolkit is full of great resources and the updates will send you one or two key articles per week on things like travel, investments, lifestyle design, Social Security, Medicare, housing, hobbies, estate planning, mini-retirements and finding personal fulfillment.
Once you’ve done those three things you’ll have a pretty good idea of what Intentional Retirement is all about. More importantly, you’ll have a better understanding of what you really want out of life and you can start working toward a secure, meaningful retirement doing the things you want with the people you love. Sound good?
One last thing.
Before you get started, I want to formally introduce myself. You can read the long version over here, but for now I’ll keep it brief. My name is Joe Hearn and I’m a writer, newspaper columnist and financial planner. I’ve been helping people plan for retirement for 25 years and I created Intentional Retirement for anyone looking to move beyond the conventional so they can live an intentional, meaningful life.
If that resonates with you, I’d love to have you around as part of our little community. Feel free to check out some of the things I’m doing to keep life interesting (a.k.a. My 50 by 50 List), visit our Store or browse past articles. Finally, don’t be a stranger. Touch base anytime if you’d like to say hi or if there’s ever anything I can do for you.