A majority of people approaching retirement expect Social Security to be a significant portion of their retirement income. The information on this page will help you understand the program and make election decisions that result in the maximum possible benefits for you and your family.
When should you claim benefits? How about your spouse? The difference between making a good decision and a bad one can be $100,000 or more. Use this calculator to see what’s at stake and learn the top three election options for your specific situation.
Disclaimer: Clicking the above link will take you to a site operated by Teckmeyer Financial (my employer) and Social Security Timing. Once there, please read the important disclaimer and then click “What’s at Stake” when you’re ready to analyze your options.
How to contact Social Security
- Phone: 1-800-772-1213 (TTY for hard of hearing: 1-800-325-0778)
- Website: www.ssa.gov
Articles on Social Security
- Answers to the top 10 Social Security questions
- Social Security: When can I file?
- Can you count on Social Security and Medicare?
- Social Security statement now available